How To Change Baby Diaper
For the first-time parents, caring for their newborn seems to be the life’s toughest challenge. They have to take care of every aspect of the child, with utmost care and dedication. Many things seem to be getting on their nerves, one of which is cleaning the bowel movement off the baby’s diapers. Talking about baby diapers, they need to be changed every time they are soiled, because babies are very prone to various kinds of infections, skin irritation and rashes. If you are concerned about your child’s health and hygiene, then you would want to change the soiled diapers, painlessly and effortlessly. Read the article and find out how to change baby diaper easily.
Changing Your Baby’s Diaper
* Baby Washcloths/ Wipes
* Creams/Ointments (For Rashes)
* Baby Lotion (Optional)
* Warm Water (Optional)
* Dry Towel
* Waste Basket
* Lay your baby on his back, in order to change the old diaper. It is suggested to lay the baby on the floor. In case you have chosen a changing table for the purpose, make sure to protect your child by using safety straps.
* After your baby has settled down on the surface, it is the time to start the procedure. First, unfasten the old diaper tabs. To do this, grasp your baby’s ankles gently and lift his bottom off the diaper.
* Clean the bowel movement present in the soiled diaper, by using the upper half of the diaper. Sweep it gently towards the lower half of the diaper.
* Gently slide the dirty diaper away from the child’s body. Wrap the diaper well, seal it in a plastic bag and throw it in the waste basket. Wash your hands, after disposing the used diaper.
* Clean the bottom of your child thoroughly, with a baby’s washcloth or wipe. You may also make use of warm water for the purpose. In the second case, dip cotton or washcloth in lukewarm water and wipe your baby’s bottom with it, in a gentle manner.
* After the bottom of your baby is cleaned, dry it with a clean towel. Wash your hands again, because it is the time to put on the new diaper.
* Slide the clean diaper under your baby’s bottom area, in a gentle manner. Ensure that the tabs of the diaper are positioned under his bottom. Most of the diapers available in the market nowadays carry colorful label, which indicates the front portion of the diaper.
* In case your baby is suffering from rashes, apply a cream or ointment on the affected area. Now, close the diaper by pulling its front portion upwards, over the baby’s belly. Pull the tabs open and around, to the fastening surface of the diaper.
* Fold the diaper down, to prevent any kind of irritation of the umbilical stump of the baby. Wash the changing surface with water and clean your hand thoroughly, with a liquid soap.
* If you are using wipes to clean your baby’s bottom, ensure that they do not contain alcohol, because the chemical may trigger rashes or cause skin irritation.
* Do not make the diaper too tight, because it may cause suffocation to your baby. Extremely tight diapers can exert undue pressure on the baby’s stomach.
* If your baby is suffering from rashes or skin irritation, take him to a pediatrician, immediately.
* In case your baby suffers from rashes due to the use of diapers, probably you need to replace them with baby clothes. In such a case, launder the clothes thoroughly in antiseptic liquid soap, after every use.
* For newborn babies, you may make use of specially cut diaper.